Monday, November 1, 2010

10/08-2/10


Give me back when Passion Pit was unknown, when innuendos about me were put into videos for a grade, when my desk was a village competing with rival desks for their money trees, when I first got my license and drove everywhere, even if it was completely out of the way and without purpose, trial competitions when law wasn't really ever on my mind, when I wanted to complete the top 10 list but I only got 1/5 of the way there, when South Dakota mountain structures had hidden connotations, when everyone was innocent and we could have fun doing stupid things, getting driven to school everyday by a kid so he could complain to me about his girlfriend, before I had a taste for The Smiths, when text messages were the basis for my relationships, everything to do with bus rides with introverted sports-obsessed scientists and pretentious girls with pseudo-game, when having an iPhone was actually kind of cool, when my furry backpack was actually clean, when Nick and Buckley were inverse, when Halo 3 online was my daily activity, before I kissed a girl, when the music I listened to became the norm for my friends, before I made a fool of myself kissing the most attractive girl in my school, when I had no idea how easily manipulative people were, when I got slapped in the face by my physics teacher, when I talked to my math teacher on AIM about girl problems, when math league was my favorite activity for raping everyone, when I took the central bus and Nick and I were best friends, when college applications actually convinced me I had some chance of getting into MIT, when school didn't really matter and we all had a good time, when The Fall of Troy actually released decent music, when I got driven around by my mom every Saturday morning to drum lessons and then to the store, when I first met Dave and I realized that even though we went about things very differently, we both were very similar in some key ways, when Ryan and I destroyed Emily's house because we were too bored to drink, when I still didn't like Streetlight Manifesto, when we went to the lighthouse center and I fell in lust with Priya, when we went on cool field trips instead of to bogs and stupid shit, when Andrew was convinced he was the same person as me, when John finally cut his hair and actually looked like an acceptable human being, when I almost joined Breathing Blue and set my academic career behind me for a band that I know is going to go far, when Bill and I used to drive to school together everyday and we would discuss how unfair college applications were, when Shane didn't hate me, when everything wasn't fucked up and various people didn't hate each other, when my life as a teenager finally began before its all-to-abrupt end.